If you’re looking for the best flat belly vegan foods then you’re in the right place.
Healthy fats, protein, and vegetables are what you should eat it to get that flat belly you desire.
To absolutely maximize your results and even speed the process you should add in some aerobic exercises and strength training. Combining HIIT training, Circuit Training, running, and strength training into your weekly workout schedule is especially what I would recommend.
It’s been tested by physique and fitness models time and time again that a high protein diet with moderate healthy fats and vegetables will help give you a flatter stomach.
But what does this entail you to eat if you follow a vegan diet?
Before I answer this, It’s important to also be aware of foods that cause you weight gain and these are the foods you should avoid:
- Foods high in salt (take out and premade meals)
- Foods high in sugar
- Refined carbohydrates such as white flour, pasta, cakes or biscuits
- Processed foods
- Fast foods
By reducing the amount of added salt in your diet, drinking lots of water, consuming lots of green tea and organic black coffee, and following a high protein, healthy fat, and vegetable diet, along with HIIT exercises and strength training etc. you will get the flat belly you desire without needing to eat any animal meat at all!
Below are the best flat belly vegan foods to eat in order to get a toned stomach.
Note: Eating the following food along with fat-burning exercises 80-90% of the time will get you the results! But it’s not for the weak-hearted.
Best Vegan Flat Belly Food List
|Spring Onion||Ginger||Asparagus||Snow peas||Limes||
|Avocado||Green beans||Artichokes||Leek||Fresh Dates||
|Tomatos||cabbage||Cauliflower||Broccoli||Sprouted Mung Bean||
|Chia Seeds||Hemp Seeds||Sesame Seeds||Brazil Nuts||Macadamia Nuts||
|Pecans||Pumpkin Seeds||Sunflower Seeds||Rice/
Hemp Protein Powders
Cold Press Oils
|Buckwheat Groats||Rice varieties||
|Apples||Berries||Bananas||Eddamme||Plant Based Yogurt||
Sprouted mung beans
|85-90% Dark Chocolate||Spices (cinnamon, Chilli powder)||Kidney Beans||Pinto Beans||Lima Beans||White Navy Beans||
|Hemp Seeds||Spirulina Powder||Wheatgrass Powder||Tahini Paste||Tempeh||
|Stevia Extract||Organic Coffee||Organic Teas||Sprouted Grain Bread||Brown Rice Cakes||Green Smoothies||
Bonus: Here is a sample meal plan of what a healthy vegan diet looks like to help you get closer to the flat stomach you desire.
Breakfast: Green Smoothie Bowl Serves 1
438 Calories/ 7g Fat/ 51g Carbs (17g fiber and 15g sugar)/ 51g Protein
- 130g cucumber, sliced
- 60g baby spinach
- 200g frozen broccoli florets/cauliflower (you could use either)
- 1/2 banana, frozen (70g)
- 40g of vanilla rice protein powder
- 15g cacao powder ( or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp. stevia extract
- 130mls of unsweetened organic soy milk (or use any plant milk you love)
- Add ingredients in the following order and then blend on high in your high-speed blender (I use this one) for 60 seconds until it looks creamy and smooth!
- Serve into a bowl and enjoy the thick texture of “look-a-like” soft-serve.
Mid-Morning Snack: Sprouted Grain Bread w/ Almond butter
176 Calories/ 9g Fat/ 17g Carbs (4.5g fiber and 1g sugar)/ 7g Protein
Spread 1 tbsp. (16g) of unsalted almond butter onto to piece of sprouted bread to enjoy!
Lunch: Filling Leafy Green Salad Serves 1
391 Calories/ 16g Fat/ 48g Carbs (17g fiber and 2g sugar)/ 20g Protein
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cup kale, shredded
- 1 cup swiss chard, shredded
- ½ medium avocado (60g)
- ½ cup lentils, cooked or canned
- ½ cup butter beans, cooked or canned
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Wash all greens and finely chop them, put into a medium bowl
- Massage olive oil and sea salt on the leafy greens so everything is coated
- Add the lentils and butter beans to the greens and top with avocado
- Combine everything well using your hands, and enjoy!
Mid-Afternoon Snack: 1 oz. Soaked Almonds
174 Calories/ 15g Fat/ 6g Carbs (4g fiber and 1g sugar)/ 6g Protein
Dinner: Scrambled Tofu and Mixed Salad
190 Calories/ 10g Fat/ 9g Carbs (3g fiber and 2g sugar)/ 17g Protein
- 170g organic firm tofu, crumbled
- 40g white onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chilli powder
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- Crumble your tofu in a bowl
- Heat pan and saute white onion with some water
- Add tofu once onion is half cooked
- Add seasoning and add more water if needed
- Mix well until tofu looks cooked
- Serve onto a plate and enjoy with your big green salad
99 Calories/ 5g Fat/ 13g Carbs (5g fiber and 7g sugar)/ 3g Protein
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup of swiss chard, shredded
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 small-medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1 drop of liquid stevia
- Prep your veggies and then add all to a mixing bowl
- Combine dressing ingredients into a small bowl
- Pour dressing over salad and mix gently.
- Serve and enjoy with your tofu!
Dessert: 1 square (11g) of Lindt (85-90%) Dark chocolate
58 Calories/ 5g Fat/ 17g Carbs (2g fiber and 1g sugar)/ 1g Protein
Total Nutrition Breakdown For The Day:
1526 Calories/ 67g Fat/ 147g Carbs (50g fiber and 29g sugar)/ 106g Protein
Vitamin Total Consumption:
B1 116%B12 0%
B2 146%B3 67% B5 70%
Vitamin A 1029%
Vitamin c 337%Vitamin D 0%
Vitamin E 147%
Vitamin K 2120%
Mineral Total Consumption:Calcium 83%
Phosphorus 135%Potassium 86% Selenium 23%
As you can see from this sample meal plan you’re consuming a lot of health benefits as well as moving towards your goal of a flat belly.
P.S.I would also recommend when following a healthy vegan diet to take a good B Vitamin supplement as well as Vitamin D, and a good Multivitamin, which includes all Calcium RDI. And Iherb is my favorite place to purchase them because they supplier the best brands at the best price.